Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (91)

Hi everyone! Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine to share books we can't wait to read!

This week's pick is:
Rise by Andrea Cremer
January 8, 2013

Everything Conatus stands for is at risk. Hoping to gather enough resistance to save their order, Ember and Barrow attempt a desperate escape. But fate offers little mercy. When their mission is exposed, the  couple face relentless pursuit by the supernatural horrors that act on the commands of Eira’s ally: the mysterious Bosque Mar. A shocking revelation forces Ember out of hiding, sending her back into the heart of dark magic at Tearmunn keep, where she must convince her old friend Alistair of her love or face dire consequences. Ember’s deception offers the only chance for the resistance to succeed, but what she discovers in the shadows beneath the keep will shatter her world and bring about the Witches’ War.

Richly sensual and full of magic, action and danger, Andrea  Cremer's fifth book set in the Nightshade world is an edge-of-your-seat page turner.


I finished the first book in this series, Rift, not too long ago and already I'm in love with the characters. I love the historical setting of these and Cremer has the most gorgeous writing. Plus, the romance is very cute! 

3 comments:

Jenny said...

YES KATIE! I just finished Rift too and LOVED it! Ember and Barrow were fabulous characters, and I had no idea when I picked it up that we'd be getting multiple books which made the ending a bit surprising. Can't wait for more of their story!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Sooooo yes! Cannot wait to read this! Read Rift wayyy back in April as an ARC and now I am dying for the next one!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Lisa said...

I haven't read Rift yet, but I'm looking forward to reading it soon. I'm glad to hear you liked this series.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater