Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Auracle by Gina Rosati

Title: Auracle
Author: Gina Rosati
Publisher: Roaring Book Press
Publication Date: August 7, 2012
Source: Bought
Add to your shelves 

Summary: 16 year old Anna Rogan has a secret she's only shared with her best friend, Rei; she can astrally project out of her body, allowing her spirit to explore the world and the far reaches of the universe.

When there's a fatal accident and her classmate Taylor takes over Anna's body, what was an exhilarating distraction from her repressive home life threatens to become a permanent state. Faced with a future trapped in another dimension, Anna turns to Rei for help. Now the two of them must find a way to get Anna back into her body and stop Taylor from accusing an innocent friend of murder. Together Anna and Rei form a plan but it doesn't take into account the deeper feelings that are beginning to grow between them.

Review: Auracle has got to be one of the funniest books I've read in a long, long time! Most paranormal books are deep, dark and mysterious. I'm so happy to say that this one isn't like that at all. 

What makes this such a fantastic read is the main character, Anna. Anna, good old sarcastic, spunky Anna manages to get her body stolen from her. What ensues after this event makes this book a  fantastic book that I won't be forgetting for awhile. Anna isn't the easiest to connect to but she definitely leaves a mark. She has a complicated home life, that I would have liked to be explored a lot more, but she still manages to have a good attitude. The one thing that probably boosts Anna's mood is that she has the ability of astral projection. Seriously, how cool is that!? 

Another thing I loved was how complex Anna's relationship with her best friend Rei was. I'm all for best friends turning into couples, mainly because there's no insta-love present. Romance wasn't a huge thing during the book which I was grateful for. Rei is such a kind guy too!

Another added bonus to Auracle was that I was able to read it in one setting. It's wrote in a great style that sucks you in and doesn't let you go till the very end of the book. Auracle has a satisfying ending but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing another book.

If you're looking for something different in the paranormal genre then I'd recommend Auracle. It's funny and the relationships between the characters are high quality!

Rating:

3 comments:

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

Wow. I don't think I expected this book to be funny at all! The cover makes it so mysterious and dark (like most paras) but to have a funny, sarcastic character changes the mood completely. Oh, yeah. I'm checking this one out!

Lisa said...

ohhh...Astral projection is a new one in YA paranormal/fantasy. I love when something new comes along plus Anna sounds fun. Who doesn't love a good sarcastic character now and then!

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

I loved this book!!!! It's soo so so well written and so emotional! It's funny too!! I love how Anna can stay sarcastic and witty without a body LOL!! Great review :)

Anna @ Literary Exploration

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater