Monday, August 27, 2012

The Unquiet by Jeannine Garsee

Title: The Unquiet
Author: Jeannine Garsee
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Publication Date: July 17, 2012
Source: Thanks Netgalley and Bloomsbury
Add to your shelves 

SummarySixteen-year-old Rinn Jacobs has secrets: One, she’s bipolar. Two, she killed her grandmother. 

After a suicide attempt, and now her parents' separation, Rinn and her mom move from California to the rural Ohio town where her mother grew up. Back on her medications and hoping to stay well, Rinn settles into her new home, undaunted by the fact that the previous owner hanged herself in Rinn's bedroom. At school, her classmates believe the school pool is haunted by Annaliese, a girl who drowned there. But when a reckless séance goes awry, and terrible things start happening to her new friends—yet not to her—Rinn is determined to find out why she can’t be "touched" by Annaliese...or if Annaliese even exists. 

With the help of Nate Brenner, the hunky “farmer boy” she’s rapidly falling for, Rinn devises a dangerous plan to uncover the truth. Soon reality and fantasy meld into one, till Rinn finds it nearly impossible to tell the difference. When a malevolent force threatens the lives of everyone she cares about--not to mention her own--she can't help wondering: who should she really be afraid of?
Annaliese? Or herself? 

Review: The Unquiet is one creepy book. It's a lot different from books that I normally read but it turned out to be a fantastic one. 

Rinn is a likable girl, even though it might not seem like she is. It's hard to sense the Rinn is truly bipolar until she goes off her meds somewhere in the middle of the book. Garsee wrote those scenes very well and quite realistically, I believe. Rinn was a great sense of humor, and that's mainly why I liked her so much. She's always making funny comments no matter how crazy her life is. 

The romance in this one was wonderful. Nate is a good guy for Rinn. He keeps her anchored and is adorable in the way he cares about her. I loved every single scene where they were together because their chemistry is undeniable!

But the scary factor is what really hooked me. Garsee manages the plot expertly with twists and turns that had my head spinning. The ghost in this story is truly an evil one. There were a couple a times during The Unquiet that I got goosebumps because it was so dark and scary. I don't want to discourage anyone from reading this because they think it'd be too scary. I'm easily scared so I tend to get freaked out by the little things. 

THAT ending. Wow. I never saw it coming. That's all I can saw without spoiling it. But it was really good.

The Unquiet is more then your typical scary book. It has characters that are lovable with have real problems and that combined with fantastic writing makes this one stellar book. 

Rating: 4.5 stars

3 comments:

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

Okay. I'm in! Creepy, good romance and an ending that blows you away? Hellz, yes.

Jenny said...

Ooooo I love a good ghost story Katie! Add some romance into that ghost story and I'm a very happy camper:) I was sold on this one after just looking at the cover, but now I'm dying to get my hands on it!!!!

yasmin said...

https://saglamproxy.com
metin2 proxy
proxy satın al
knight online proxy
mobil proxy satın al
TVTF6G

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater