Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Interview with Augusta Blythe

Hi everyone! Today Augusta Blythe, author of Winterborne and Ravenstoke, is here on the blog to do an interview!

1. How would you describe Ravenstoke in a sentence or less?  
It's superhuman powers, mythological creatures, England, and a high school musical rolled into one. 

2. If you could change anything about Ravenstoke, what would it be?  
The number of copies sold so far.

3. Are you anything like your main character, Loie?  
She has my sense of humor and my strong sense of loyalty.  We also like similar types on the guy front.  Thankfully, I never suffered from a complete lack of confidence like Loie, but I knew plenty of girls who did.  
   
4. What are you working on right now? Something new or more books for the Winterborne series?  
I'm about to publish a middle grade fantasy adventure novel called In the Land of the Sapphire Sea.  It's about a timid 12-year-old girl who must perform nine tasks in order to rescue her little sister from the clutches of an evil Imp queen.  I've also mapped out the third book that follows Ravenstoke; that will be called The Yawning Void.  
More about Augusta: Augusta Blythe is the author of Winterborne and Ravenstoke, YA urban fantasy novels. She is also the author of Hostel Takeover written under the pseudonym Keeley Bates. She currently lives in England with her husband, two children, a clown fish, a cleaner shrimp and a mine urchin.


Read my reviews of Winterborne and Ravenstoke!


Thanks so much for stopping by Augusta!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Oh! This looks mighty interesting! I'm going to have to check these out. Nice questions.

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

LOL--the description "...and a high school musical..." cracked me up! I've heard of these but I think I might have to check them out now. Great interview!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater