Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Title: Hallowed
Author: Cynthia Hand
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: January 17, 2012
Source: Bought
Add to your shelves 


Summary: For months Clara Gardner trained to face the fire from her visions, but she wasn't prepared for the choice she had to make that day. And in the aftermath, she discovered that nothing about being part angel is as straightforward as she thought.
Now, torn between her love for Tucker and her complicated feelings about the roles she and Christian seem destined to play in a world that is both dangerous and beautiful, Clara struggles with a shocking revelation: Someone she loves will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.
In this compelling sequel to "Unearthly," Cynthia Hand captures the joy of first love, the anguish of loss, and the confusion of becoming who you are.

Review: Hallowed is the sequel to probably one of my absolute favorite books of 2011, Unearthly. While Hallowed was good and really enjoyable it didn't quite live up to Unearthly.

Clara is going through so much emotional turmoil in this book and I felt for her so much. Clara is just always trying to do what is right and get through her purpose. Of course, she does all of this with such great humor. That's what I could always count on during the book. Clara's humor. But mostly I just felt really bad for her.

Hallowed has a great love triangle. I was firmly and I mean firmly on Tucker's side in Unearthly. I pretty much thought Christian was a scumbag. But now...I like Christian and he's kind of sweet and really cute. He'll never be Tucker but I wouldn't mind if Clara ended up with Christian. During Hallowed I felt SO bad for Tucker. That poor guy.

Hallowed was a little slow at times but Hand's gorgeous writing carried me through that. I was happy that most of my questions were answered from the first book but of course now I have even more questions. Hallowed pretty much made me cry, as well. It could just get so sad during some moments and my heart totally went out to Clara.

Overall, Hallowed was an enjoyable read. I'll admit that I was expecting more but I'm just really excited for the next book!!


Rating:
Happy Valentine's Day!!

1 comments:

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

I totally turned Team Christian in this book as well! I love that he was just... THERE for her. Ugh, I was such an emotional mess during this book. It was great. I can't wait for the next book!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater