Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (70)

Hi and happy Wednesday! Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine to show books we can't wait for!

This week's pick is:
The Selection by Kiera Cass
April 24, 2012

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon. 

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks. 

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.


This sounds like a really great book. I'm loving the actual idea of having a Selection. (It sounds horrible but really cool!) And with a main character by the name of American Singer this better be good! I loving the cover, too!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't wait for this book! It looks so amazing. I have a feeling there may be a love triangle in the works though.

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

This cover just draws me in. I love it. And this sounds unusual, which is hard to do these days in YA.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Seeing this one around a lot! I love the cover as well! Very interesting and beautiful!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Lauren M said...

I'm looking forward to The Selection as well! It should be coming up on the TBR soon. Hopefully it's as fun as it sounds! :)

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater