Friday, November 4, 2011

What to Read (7)

This week's topic is: 
MYSTERIES!
There is a very sad number of mysteries in YA that are worth a darn. Here are some of my favorite ones.


 The Agency series by Y.S. Lee. Included A Apy in the House, The Body at the Tower and The Traitor in the Tunnel, with a fourth one scheduled for release. The third hasn't been released in the US yet but I'm sure it will be amazing. These are set in Victorian London and are about Mary Quinn, who works for the Agency. The Agency is a group of women doing detective work! This is one of my favorite series!
The Death By Series by Linda Gerber. These books are a little older. Do NOT let the cutesy covers deter you from reading these. What's on the inside is hardly cute. Well the romance is but otherwise these are amazing mysteries! Nothing little kid about them. 

Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber has one amazing historical mystery. So far. I'm not quite done with this one but I just had to feature it. I really, really like this book. If I finish it before the end of the week, I'll remove this. Still, a very good book!

Do you want to make me jump up and down with glee? If so, mention Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey. I LOVE this book. The mystery, the characters, the romance. The mystery is so hard to figure out!

The Midnight Tunnel by Angie Frazier is technically a Middle Grade Novel. But the narrator Zanna does not read like some little kid. The mystery in this one is top notch. 

That's all for me! What are some of your favorite mysteries?






2 comments:

Lauren M said...

I've been meaning to try the Agency series! It sound so good! Great recommendations, Katie. :)

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

I love mysteries and my students are always asking for more -- I never have enough on hand. I really liked The Liar Society by Lisa & Laura Roecker (sp?). That was a good, modern mystery.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater