Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Title: Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: January 3, 2012
Source: Library
Add to your shelves 

Summary: Since she'd been on the outside, she'd survived an Aether storm, she'd had a knife held to her throat, and she'd seen men murdered. This was worse.


Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland - known as The Death Shop - are slim. If the cannibals don't get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She's been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild - a savage - and her only hope of staying alive.


A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile - everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky. 


Review: I put off reading Under the Never Sky for so long because there was just so much hype and negativity surrounding it. Eventually I decided that I should read it, mainly so I could get my own opinion on it. 


I loved the simple way that Under the Never Sky was wrote. Aria and Perry's alternating chapters in third person were marvelous. I'm a fan of first person but I felt more connected to Aria and Perry because of the nature of their separate chapters. I wasn't a huge fan of Aria at first but I immediately liked Perry. He's admirable in the way he cares for his nephew and the others around him. Aria does grow and change for the better though. I wasn't a huge fan of Perry and Aria's growing romance but I will admit that it grew on me. I liked that it was realistic and that the two characters were able to count on each other. 

Rossi does a great job with the world in Under the Never Sky. It's different from anything that I've ever read and I'm quite anxious for the next book just because it was so unique. 

The story is nicely paced with well done action scenes. This book definitely didn't get boring. There was always a new problem or conflict for the characters to face which kept me engaged during the story. 

In the end I ended up really liking Under the Never Sky. It had some flaws but it was an enjoyable read and I can't wait to read the next book! 

Rating:


6 comments:

Caliowin said...

I just ordered this after much deliberation, but I'm really looking forward to reading it, and forging my own opinions.

Q- do you ever feel slightly inferior when you read something and you really like it, then read that most people thought it was rubbish?

Jenny said...

I completely understand waiting to read a book that's had a lot of hype, I always get so nervous I won't like it as much as everyone else so I just avoid picking it up. I did that with Anna and the French Kiss and then wanted to punch myself in the face for waiting so long:)

So glad you enjoyed this one Katie, it's one of my favorite reads of the year so far. Loved the world, and though I didn't think I would, I loved the alternating POVs as well. So excited for Through the Ever Night!

Lisa said...

I loved the alternating POVs with this book as well. I loved seeing both sides of the story and how they connected to each other.

I was a bit confused on the world in this story so I'm interested to see where it will go and what will be explained in the next book.

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

I agree--I really thought it was unique and interesting. Not the absolute be-all, end-all of dystopians but a really well-written, enjoyable story. Looking forward to what happens in the next novel!!

cabbar said...

pusulabet
sex hattı
https://izmirkizlari.com
rulet siteleri
rexbet
7WYHYZ

defne said...

ıldır transfer
güzelbahçe transfer
foça transfer
mordoğan transfer
aliağa transfer

HZF0Y

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater