Thursday, August 30, 2012

Speed Date with Calla: Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

Hi! This feature is hosted by Mary over at The Book Swarm. Speed Dating is basically giving a shorter review of the book and it's ton of fun! Go check it out!


Title: Bloodrose
Author: Andrea Cremer
Publisher: Philomel
Publication Date: January 3, 2012
Source: Bought
Add to your shelves 

Summary: Calla has always welcomed war.

But now that the final battle is upon her, there's more at stake than fighting. There's saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay's wrath. There's keeping Ansel safe, even if he's been branded a traitor. There's proving herself as the pack's alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers' magic once and for all. And then there's deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is. 

Review: Bloodrose, the final book in the Nightshade trilogy, manages to be both exciting and romantic. I'm going to be sad to see this series go but it certainly went out in style.

The only thing that I don't like about this series is Calla. This might be a big deal to some readers but I ignore it and wait for her to stop whining about her problems. At least the pack and the Searchers provide comic relief. They were by far the most amazing side characters I've seen in awhile.

But what I loved was the adventure. Calla and the gang go many places in this book in their quest to rid the world of evil. The fight scenes are swift, magnificent, and the emotions run even higher during the course of this book.

I believe I'm in the minority but I actually liked the end of Bloodrose. It fit perfectly and I can't imagine it any other way.  

Rating: 4.5 stars

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this one. The Searchers and the pack were definitely my favorite. They kept things entertaining.

I, however, was not a fan of the ending at all. I was not a fan of Calla and I dislike Shay an awful lot.

Jenny said...

I need to get caught up on this series Katie! I've only read Nightshade, but I just read Rift and loved that one, and I feel like I'm missing out on some things in the Rift world not having finished this series! You've got me super curious about this ending now, I want to know why some people didn't like it.

halis said...

ısparta
ağrı
muş
mersin
balıkesir

RX1

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater