Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wishful Thinking by Alexandra Bullen

Title: Wishful Thinking
Author: Alexandra Bullen
Publisher: Point
Publication Date: Januaray 1, 2011
Source: Bought

Summary:  If you could wish for a different life, would you? What if that life changed everything you thought was real?
Adopted as a baby, Hazel Snow has always been alone. She's never belonged anywhere--and has always yearned to know the truth about where she comes from. So when she receives three stunning, enchanted dresses--each with the power to grant one wish--Hazel wishes to know her mother. Transported to a time and place she couldn't have imagined, Hazel finds herself living an alternate life--a life with the mother she never knew.

Over the course of one amazing, miraculous summer, Hazel finds her home, falls in love, and forms an unexpected friendship. But will her search to uncover her past forever alter her future?
In the heart-pounding, luminous sequel to WISH, Alexandra Bullen asks the question: If you could wish for a new life....would you?

Review: I read Wish sometime last summer, and while I wasn't that impressed, it was alright. But Wishful Thinking was awesome! It was totally different from Wish and I was sucked into the world.

I found myself loving all the characters in this one. They all felt so realistic to me. I was especially empathetic with Hazel, she was going through a super rough time and I felt like making those 3 wishes gave her a little sunshine in her life.

Hazel's adventures with all the people she meets at Martha's Vineyard was magical! I loved all the supporting characters. They all had life and dimension and were just WOW characters. I especially liked the love interest. I think you can guess why, plus he was a totally sweet guy.

Wishful Thinking was a very emotional read for me, and I teared up a couple of times. Something about Hazel's story really touched me. Bullen's writing is simple yet so powerful.

Wishful Thinking has an open ending but it isn't that kind of open where you absolutely need a sequel. It gives you the freedom to know and guess what happens next, which was an plus for this book!

Wishful Thinking has characters you can root for, an powerful story line and great writing. I loved it.

Rating: 4.5 stars

1 comments:

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

This is a new book to me! It sounds really good. I'm definitely going to have to check it out. :) Great review!

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater