Monday, August 8, 2011

Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren

Title: Waterfall
Author: Lisa T. Bergren
Publisher: David C. Cook
Publication Date: February 1, 2011
Source: Bought

Summary: Lisa Tawn Bergren's new YA series, River of Time, is romantic, historical fiction in which the plucky heroine doesn't have to fear a vampire's bite but must still fight for her life.

In Waterfall, American teenager Gabi Betarrini accidentally finds herself in Fourteenth-Century Italy . . . Knights. Swords. Horses. Armor. And Italian hotties. Most American teens want an Italian vacation, but the Betarrini sisters have spent every summer of their lives there with their archaeologist parents. Stuck on yet another hot, dusty dig, they are bored out of their minds... until they place their hands atop handprints in an ancient tomb and find themselves catapulted into the Fourteenth Century and in the middle of a fierce battle between knights bent on killing one another.

Review: Waterfall was WOW. With romance, tons of action and a beautiful historical setting, it was an amazing read!

There wasn't a thing that I didn't like about Waterfall. Though, my favorite thing was the characters.
Gabi was a character that I instantly admired. She was fun, strong and had some mean sword fighting skills. Most importantly, she didn't whine and groan when she got sent back in time. Instead she tried to figure out a way back home and find her sister, Lia. Who was another awesome character!

And then there was Marcello and some other swoon-worthy characters! Marcello was absolute gold. He was the sweetest thing alive. He was hot, too!

There was never a dull moment in Waterfall. There was tons of fight scenes that had you on the edge if your seat, wondering who was going to win. Waterfall is a time travel book, as we know, and the historical aspect was magical. I was there with Gabi, it was just that good!

Waterfall is an excellent addition to the historical fiction and time travel genre. With that awesome romance, I can't wait to read the next book!

Rating:

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Ohh swoon...it makes me feel all giddy when I read how much everyone loves this novel. It's so good and I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked this one. I'm especially intrigued by the cover. I'll be sure to put this on my wishlist. Thanks for the review, Katie :)

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

Is this a free one right now? Well, either way, this one sounds fabulous! Thanks for the review.
Mary @ BookSwarm

Lisa Tawn Bergren said...

Thanks for the review, Katie! I'm so glad you've jumped into the River of Time!

RuthieLynn said...

Just finished this book and thought it was great. I also love when the author writes to you. Very cool.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater