Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dead is Just a Rumor by Marlene Perez

Hi!
This week there will be a lot of reviews, because I'm mainly trying to get all my reviews for the books I read in the Readathon out. There will be 2 more review for the week.

Something screwy is going on so I apologize for the weird format of the review!


Title: Dead is Just a Rumor

Author: Marlene Perez

Rating: 4.5 stars

Review: Things are about to heat up for Daisy and her little town of Nightshade. Nightshade is planning its 200th Anniversary Party and it would go off without a hitch if citizens weren't getting blackmailed and someone wasn't writing terrible things about Daisy and Ryan on the bathroom walls. As always, Daisy is determined to get to the bottom of Nightshade's Problems. But it won't be as easy as she thinks this time around.

My great, trouble-making Daisy is back! If you read my review yesterday you'd probably know that I was less than pleased with the third installment in the series but this one was SO much better.

Daisy was better and did not get on my nerves at all! I don't know why but she just didn't. I loved the relationship between Daisy and Ryan in this book. It was so much more mature and romantic. It also helped that Daisy was grounded and was sneaking out....I guess I  like rule breakers!

The mystery, while predictable, was not as annoying either and I actually enjoyed reading about everything. I also didn't notice as many little "hints" the author drops. Maybe I just wasn't paying very good attention but I didn't notice many at all. And that was a very good thing.

This fourth Dead is book did surprise me in the very ending and I was so happy with the latest developments.

I can't wait to read the last book in the series, Dead is Not an Option! Thankfully I have it from NetGalley, so I'll get around to reading it soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make my day! Thanks for stopping by. This is an award free blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater